The liver plays a very significant role in weight loss, it is also very important to regularly cleanse your liver whether you are trying to lose weight or not. The liver and kidney act like machines in your body that work every single day and do not get a break (except you are asleep, or fasting). It is normal for machines to get exhausted and breakdown, right? The same thing could happen to your kidney and liver if you do not service or maintain (detoxify) them regularly. These machines from time to time need maintenance and some cleansing, the reason for detoxification.
Detoxification is very important in every human life. There are various benefits of detoxification and I have listed them in the article right here. You may also read my article on 15 Awesome Eating Habits To Make You Live Longer and Tips To Get Natural Healthy Skin From The Inside Out. You may decide to choose a detoxification program, after which you can cleanse your body daily with these diet supplements and lifestyle practices. Below are helpful tips and lifestyle practices on how to keep the liver and kidney healthy at all times;
- Eliminate all alcohol, tobacco & caffeine: Alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine are very harmful to the body. Alcohol makes your blood vessels expand and vulnerable to bursting, the reason why most victims who drink and drink may not survive is because they have more chances of experiencing internal bleeding because their blood vessels have been made so thin by the alcohol they consumed.
- Avoid processed meals and those high in saturated fats, sugar, and salt,
- Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle, ginger, garlic, turmeric, and drinking green tea.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily. Water is very important as it helps hydrate you, aid circulation of blood to other parts of the body among others. Make drinking water first thing in the morning a habit. You may take a bottle of water with you, everywhere you go to help you remember to drink!
- Eat 5-7 portions of fresh fruits and vegetables daily, with plenty of fiber. Eating plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables like beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, Chloropphll from green leaves, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Exercise regularly. Exercising is likely the most important way to detoxify. Doing yoga or jump-roping is good for one hour every day. Also try Qigong, a martial arts-based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits. Before starting any exercise program, be sure to consult your doctor on which is best for you,
- Take a deep breath from time to time to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system,
- Reduce stress. Stress has the capacity to drain and reduce your immune system thereby making you vulnerable to opportunistic infections. You may also transform stress by emphasizing more on positive emotions,
- Allow yourself to sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration. You can also achieve this by exercising, reducing the amount of time you spend in an air-conditioned room, and by using anti-deodorants and not antiperspirants,
- Take a lot of vitamin C, this helps your body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins,
- You can also practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow up with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
- You can detox or cleanse your liver by taking lemon juice in warm water with honey daily or as required,
- Sleep for at least 8 hours every day
Be sure to consult your doctor before using any health treatment, including herbal supplements and natural remedies. Always tell your doctor if you have a serious medical condition or are taking any medications. The information presented here is for educational purposes only and is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling.
Please feel free to share this post and do not hesitate to drop your comments below. I would love to read from you to know the things you do to cleanse your liver, kidney, or maintain a healthy lifestyle generally. See you soon!