Hello and welcome to my blog. Today I am going to teach you how to make a basic butter cake. First, I would like you to understand that learning how to make a cake is part art and part science. The first step to cake making is choosing what kind of cake you want to make and then the best quality ingredients you can find and then measuring them very carefully.
There are various types of cake which include butter cake, cheesecake, chocolate cake, red velvet cake, carrot cake, layered cake, sponge cake (Foam cake) and cupcakes. When baking a cake, be sure to follow the recipe’s instructions for mixing and soon, you may find yourself baking a cake like a professional. This is because you are not only creating something tasty but expressing your own creativity through baking.
The ingredients you would need include;
- 250g softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- icing sugar mixture to serve
- You may add a pinch of salt but be mindful of the salt content in the butter you are using
- If you are not using self-rising flour, you may add 1 tablespoon of baking powder to the above recipe
- Preheat over to 180 degrees. Grease a 6” to 8”-deep cake pan and line with baking paper (not compulsory)
- Cream butter, granulated sugar, vanilla flavor in a medium bowl on medium-high speed using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy
- Add eggs (it is advisable to add 1 at a time), beating to combine, add half the flour, keep stirring, add half the milk while stirring. Repeat with the remaining flour and milk
- Spread mixture into already prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer (or a toothpick if you like) comes out clean
- Leave cake in pan to stand for 10 minutes and turn out onto a wire rack to cool
- Decorate with your icing sugar (if you choose) and serve!
This butter cake recipe is so easy and does not take time to prepare. If you like this recipe or if you have tried it out, please feel free to share your comments. Also, you may like, share and subscribe to get the latest posts to your email directly. Cheers!