I am really glad to share this article with you because I have made peanut butter countless times as it is used regularly at my place of work for therapeutic purposes. It will interest you to know how simple this product can be made at home using readily available kitchen equipment. Without doubt, most lovers of peanut and peanut butter are certainly not aware of the savings they can make by making their own peanut butter.
In this short post, I will be sharing with you step by step method to follow in order to arrive at your own homemade creamy peanut butter. I am certain you will enjoy it with fresh slices of bread…Hmmmm yummy. Now let’s proceed.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter
* One bottle of peanut or groundnut
* Salt (Optional)
* Vegetable oil
* Cocoa powder (Optional)
* Pour the entire well peeled roasted groundnut or peanut into the blender. If your blender cannot contain it, process the peanut in 2 batches.
* Start the blender at high speed and blend for about 1 minute. Stop and start the blender again until the groundnut had completely turned into crumbs while producing little oil. Do not use you blender continuously for more than a minute it could damage the motor.
* Add two table spoons of vegetable oil. This is because some groundnuts do not contain enough oil to make the peanut butter creamy. So you can adjust the quantity of added vegetable oil from one table spoon to four table spoons depending on the oil production level of the groundnut.
* Stop the blender and add a pinch of salt. This is clearly optional since most groundnuts had been well salted.
* Continue blending at high speed while occasionally changing to low speed. Do this for about a minute or two.
Watch the peanut if it had completely turned creamy or puree like.
* Stop the blender and scoop out the peanut butter into a jar or plastic container.
* Depending on your taste, you can decide to add a tea spoon of cocoa powder or a table spoon. This will change the colour of the peanut butter from light brown to dark brown.
* Keep in the refrigerator to solidify slightly.
* Your peanut butter is ready.
One thing I love about this homemade peanut butter is that you can determine the ingredients to add and their quantities which make it quite unique and healthy unlike the processed ones sold in the grocery stores that one cannot ascertain the quantities of ingredients added.
Note that you cannot get your homemade peanut butter to be as creamier as the factory made ones but they would not be bad on slices of bread. It is cost effective and you could also use the opportunity to teach your children.
Please feel free to comment below, subscribe for more posts directly to your email address, like our social media handles and share!